Pre-Elementary (Nursery & Kindergarten)
Elementary (Grades 1 to 6)
Junior High School (Grades 7 to 10)
Grade School Department
The UC Grade School is a young department in the University of Cebu. Its organization/structure is different from the other colleges. Likewise, its unique vision is simplified in a tangible way that is to be at par with the graduates of other learning institutions who has carved its name in the academe. It is committed in giving quality education to the masses with a minimal cost. It has embraced effectively a nurturing and caring environment which serves as a second home for its learners.
Cognizant with the University’s mission, the UC Grade School aims to transform ordinary learners to achievers with a heart and mind of a true Christian who dreams of making the Filipino community a renowned people worthy of respect.
UC Grade School is offering Pre-Elementary (K1 & K2), Primary (Grade 1-3) and Intermediate (Grade 4-6) levels. Its curriculum is enriched with PBL – Project Based Learning activities that guarantees optimum utilization of time honing the skills of our learners and warrants quality learning at par with other exclusive schools.
In general, University of Cebu – Grade School’s Curriculum addresses child’s current developmental needs and prepares him/her for lifelong learning. Activities are patterned in a way that by the end of the Grade School years, each child would be an effective communicators; healthy and physically active; respectful, honest and God-loving; proud of himself/herself; creative, appreciative of the arts and caring of the environment; inquisitive, enthusiastic and engaged learners.
Requirements for Admission:
1. Report Card (authenticated by the principal and w/ signature )
2. Birth Certificate – NSO Authenticated (photocopy)
3. Baptismal Certificate – (photocopy)
4. Medical Certificate
5. Testing Fee – Php210.00 (CEM) | Php 50.00 (Kinder)
6. Picture – 2 pcs. (2 x 2 colored)
7. Reservation Fee – Php 1,000.00
High School Department
The High School Department is one of the pioneering departments of the Cebu College of Commerce now called University of Cebu. It opened on July 1964 and offered day and night classes until academic year 2001 – 2002. It was housed in an old candy factory building which was turned into classrooms. With almost 400 high school students and less than 20 faculty members, the school acquired in 1968 VS Villamor Colleges building to accommodate the increasing number of enrollees. A couple of years after, it was transferred to a 3-storey wooden building, the first ever structure constructed by UC.
Its first High School Principal was the late Mrs. Visitacion Estorco. In 1993, computer courses were offered to high school students in order to cope with the global demands in information technology. After the fire hit the high school building in 2001, a 7-storey building was constructed. This is where the department is being housed since June 2003.
Coherent with its mission, the UC High School Department aims to:
- provide learners with academic, scientific, entrepreneurial skills and attitudes necessary for the demands of time;
- develop holistic individuals;
- deepen the learners awareness and willingness to be pro-active in the service of the community through environmental stewardship;
- produce competent graduates ready for higher education or gainful employment.
The department offers first year to fourth year (now Grade 7, 8, and 9 following the K to 12 curriculum, and fourth year) with enhanced schedule in Science, Social Studies and Technology and Home Economics (TLE) following a whole day schedule. The fourth year level is still following the old curriculum with two sessions (morning and afternoon).
To facilitate our students’ learning, the High School Department has Audio Visual Room, Speech Laboratory, Learning Laboratory , Computer Laboratories & Science Laboratories for each year level. Its curriculum is enhanced with Understanding by Design (UBD), Project Based Learning (PBL) in order to attain Educational Excellence and to produce success-oriented individuals.
“Empowering graduates who are highly qualified for college education and who are prepared for the world of work.”
Requirements for admission:
They present the following upon enrolment:
1. Photocopy of the NSO Birth Certificate.
2. Original copy of Form 138 (Report Card)
3. Certificate of Good Moral Character, signed by the Principal of the school last attended.
4. One (1) copy of 2 x 2 picture, given to the Guidance Office.
5. Foreign students, ACR number (Alien Certificate of Registration) and other necessary school records.
6. Transferees are automatically on conditional status.
For Summerians: Certificate of Enrolment for Summer
Updated: September 2015
- ‘E-basura’ app from UC tops 2015 PH Startup Challenge (3/4/2016)
- (UC-METC) Future seafarers train as creative writers (3/29/2016)
- 11 mothers finish UC para-teacher program (4/5/2016)