EVALUATION AND STATISTICS OFFICE
The Evaluation and Statistics Office of the University of Cebu-Main has the following objectives:
- To systematically and objectively assess the performance of the faculty, as rated by the students, and the different activities of the university for better decision-making, greater accountability and improved performance; and
- To provide relevant and timely statistical results of the different activities of the university and the community in order to have bases for planning, research and decision-making.
Doc. Ma. Salud Delos Santos
UC Evaluation and Statistics Director
Room 235, OsmeÃ±a Blvd., cor. Sanciangko St.,
Cebu City, Philippines 6000
(032)255-7777 loc 181
Faculty Evaluation Procedures
Administration of Faculty Evaluation as Rated by the Students
- Faculty evaluation shall be conducted after midterms of every semester, preferably August (1st Semester) and January (2nd Semester).
- The Dean/Chairperson prepares the list of both full-time and part-time faculty with corresponding number of classes and forwards such list to the Evaluation and Statistics Office (ESO).
- The ESO determines the classes to be evaluated per faculty and forwards these together with the faculty evaluation instruments to the colleges/departments for administration.
- The Dean/Chairperson submits a list of working scholars in his college/department who will be involved in the administration of the faculty evaluation instruments to the Guidance Center.
- The Guidance Center conducts an orientation on the process/administration of faculty evaluation to the working scholars.
- The working scholars in every college/department administer the faculty evaluation instruments and forward the completed faculty evaluation instruments to the DeanÃ¢â‚¬â„¢s Office.
- The DeanÃ¢â‚¬â„¢s office gathers all completed faculty evaluation instruments and ensures that all identified faculty have been evaluated, then forwards the completed faculty evaluation instruments to the Evaluation and Statistics Office for data processing, analysis and interpretation.
- The working scholars from the different colleges/departments shall assist the ESO in the data processing of the faculty evaluation instruments.
- The ESO reports the summary of results of the faculty evaluation to the deans/chairpersons, VC Academic Affairs and the University HR.
- The Dean/Chairperson provides copies of the results to the faculty and conducts a post-conference with the faculty preferably prior to the distribution of teaching loads for the next semester.
- The Dean/Chairperson considers the results of the faculty evaluation in the review/update of the faculty development plan.
Guidelines on Graduate Student Services of the Evaluation and Statistics Office
- The Graduate School Dean refers the Graduate Student enrolled in Thesis Writing to the Evaluation and Statistics Office (ESO) for assistance on the statistical treatment of his/her study through a Request for Statistical Analysis of Data form (GS Form 7).
- The Graduate Student visits the ESO and fills up a Request for Appointment form (RIA) and submits this together with his/her thesis proposal and other necessary documents for review (maximum of two working days) by the University Statistician.
- Subject to the availability of schedule, both the Graduate Student and the University Statistician agree on a common date and time to meet (usually two days after submission) in order to discuss the appropriate statistical treatment for the study.
- The Graduate Student is given three to five working days after meeting the University Statistician to do the coding of the accomplished research instruments and submits these electronically (email or CD).
- The University Statistician employs the appropriate statistical treatment and analysis of data for a maximum period of three days, depending on the volume of gathered data.
- Both Graduate Student and University Statistician meet, at most twice, to discuss the results of the data processing and analysis. The University Statistician guides the Graduate Student on how to interpret the results of the data analysis.
- The Graduate Student submits to the ESO a copy of his/her thesis for review and approval.
NOTE: These guidelines do NOT apply to students who opt to avail an external statistician.
Calendar of Activities
|First Semester||Second Semester|
|Gather the lists of both full-time and part-time faculty with corresponding number of classes from different colleges.||Third week of June||Third week of November|
|Determine the classes to be evaluated per faculty and come up with the faculty evaluation schedule per college.||Whole month of July||Whole month of December|
|Submit the faculty evaluation schedule to the Vice-Chancellor for Academic Affairs for approval.||Last week of July||First week of January|
|Forward to the different colleges the approved faculty evaluation schedule together with the faculty evaluation instruments for administration.||First week of August||Second week of January|
|Gather the completed faculty evaluation instruments from the different colleges for data processing analysis and interpretation.||Last week of September||Last week of February|
|Schedule the book computer lab/s for the encoding of the faculty evaluation data.||First week of October||First week of March|
|Process, analyze and interpret the faculty evaluation results.||Second week of October||Second week of March|
|Report the summary of the results of the faculty evaluation to the deans/chairpersons, VC Academic Affairs and the UHR.||First week of November||First week of June|
|Prepare the faculty evaluation report.||Second week of November||Second week of June|
|Submit the faculty evaluation report to the deans/chairpersons, VC Academic Affairs and the UHR.||Third week of November||Third week of June|
|Analyze and interpret evaluation data of the different activities of the colleges in the university.||June – October||November – March|
|Do statistical treatment of the theses and dissertations of the graduate school students of the university.||June – October||November – March|
|Conduct student satisfaction survey of the different support services of the university.||February – April|
|Disseminate the results of the student satisfaction survey to the different stakeholders.||May|
- ‘E-basura’ app from UC tops 2015 PH Startup Challenge (3/4/2016)
- (UC-METC) Future seafarers train as creative writers (3/29/2016)
- 11 mothers finish UC para-teacher program (4/5/2016)